Since its official release in November 2017, Engine of Impact has garnered attention from a broad array of media outlets. Posts on the News page of this site have highlighted numerous articles, reviews, and interviews that explore the book, its authors, and the authors’ ideas about the present state and future potential of the nonprofit sector. In addition, the book has been featured in several other print and online outlets. Here’s a roundup of such coverage.
- BizEd, a magazine published by AACSB (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), featured a review of Engine of Impact in its November-December 2017 issue.
- The NonProfit Times published an item about the Stanford Survey on Leadership and Management in the Nonprofit Sector, a survey conducted by Bill Meehan and Kim Jonker as part of their research for Engine of Impact.
- The Offord Group, a Canadian philanthropy consulting firm, included a review of Engine of Impact in the 2017 edition of Offord Magazine.
- For the Associations Now website, business author Mark Athitakis drew on material from Engine of Impact to write a piece titled “The Cultural Challenge of Board Orientation.”
- An article posted on the Financial Advisor website quoted Meehan and Jonker as part of a discussion of how young donors should approach charitable giving.
- Metro, a daily newspaper with distribution in several US cities, featured Engine of Impact—as well as quotations from an interview with Meehan and Jonker—in a piece that explores challenges faced by the nonprofit sector.
- For the Nonprofit Leadership Podcast, host Rob Harter spoke with Meehan and Jonker in an interview that ranged widely across themes from Engine of Impact.
- At Forbes.com, management journalist Roger Trapp posted a review Engine of Impact that provides a thorough look at Meehan and Jonker’s “engine of impact” model.